FLIP, Flip, Hooray… it’s Pancake Day! We will polish off 2.5million of the tasty treats today. And you can join in the fun without your finances taking a battering.
Here are some delicious ways to make Shrove Tuesday more like Save Tuesday.
- Bundle bargain. Last-minute pancake panic? Pick up a frying pan, pancake mix, Fry Light cooking spray and a topping with the amazing £5 bundle at Iceland, down from £7.50. SAVING: £2.50.
- Flipping freebie. Bag everything you need for the perfect pancake day for FREE by signing up to topcashback.co.uk. Simply snap up £5 worth of pancake ingredients from any store and then take a picture of your receipt. You can then add it to the TopCashback app before Sunday March 10. Visit topcashback.co.uk/tcb-pancakes-19 to sign up. SAVING: Up to £5.
- Top saving: Whatever your topping of choice, make sure you bag a bargain. Sweet fans can grab a 180ml bottle of Clarks Pure Canadian Maple Syrup from Asda for £2, down from £2.68. Prefer classic lemon and sugar? Nab a bag of four lemons for just 75p at Tesco, down from £1.50. Savoury flavours more your style? Morrisons currently has a great two-for-£4 offer on packets of six bacon rashers. They usually cost £2.50 each. SAVING: Up to 75p, depending on your topping.
- Toss away hassle. Don’t fancy making your own? The supermarkets are full of pre-made pancakes that can be warmed up in an instant or enjoyed cold. For American style, try Asda’s Baker’s Selection pancakes, five for £1. They are a great swap for Marks & Spencer’s buttermilk pancakes, £1.60 for four. If your prefer crepe style, nab Sainsbury’s plain pancakes, six for £1, down from £1.50. SAVING: At least 50p.
- Prices correct at time of going to press.
- Deals and offers subject to availability.
Deal of the day
GRAB a bargain price on the popular BaByliss Curl Secret Hair Styler. Just £54 via Wowcher instead of £120. Ends March 15.
SATISFY any chocolate cravings and share out a pack of Twirl bars, £2 for 11 at Tesco – down from £2.50. Ends March 12.
My Sun Savers fiver
GILLIAN POOLE, from Littlehampton in West Sussex, says: “I’m saving my Savers fivers to take my partner to Amsterdam in the autumn.”
- Send your Savers fiver stories to sunsavers.co.uk/fivers and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours. Include your name and town.
LOVE low-calorie ice cream? Then try Gianni’s high-protein version from Aldi instead of Halo Top.
Reader’s saving tip
CAROL COLLINS of Ware, Herts, says: “A full freezer runs more efficiently. Fill gaps with polystyrene from packaging to save electricity. Or use loaves of bread.”
- Send your tips to sunsavers.co.uk/tips and get 28 codes, worth £5, if we print yours here. Please include your name and town.
Shop & save
CLEAN up your kitchen with this duo bundle of Fairy liquid and Flash bleach spray for £2 at Asda. Normally £2 each.
Hot right now
MAKE deliciously thin crepes with a pancake batter spreader from Flying Tiger for only £1.
Don’t miss out on 260 holiday parks with the Sun Hols From £9.50
HERE is your chance to book one of our Hols from £9.50.
Pick from 260 parks across the UK and Europe, with holidays available until November.
Choose from a three-night weekend break or a four-night midweek break.
To book, collect SEVEN tokens, codewords or Sun Savers codes from those inside The Sun until March 9.
If you choose to collect seven codewords, go to thesun.co.uk/holidays and enter them to book.
To book by post, send back your printed tokens with the booking form found online.
Collecting via Sun Savers? Go to the Sun Savers app or sunsavers.co.uk and click “Start Collecting” on the “Hols from £9.50” page found in the “Offers” section. Then enter your seven codes to unlock booking.
Play now to win £15,000 on the Sun Savers Raffle
JOIN thousands of readers taking part in the new Sun Savers Raffle.
Every Sun Savers code you enter will earn you a ticket for our £15k monthly Raffle. And for every ten tickets you collect in a calendar month, you get a GOLDEN TICKET for our £80k Raffle, which takes place every three months, with the first one at the end of June.
There is no limit to how many tickets you can collect. So the more you enter, the better your chances.
To take part go to sunsavers.co.uk or open the Sun Savers app. Then opt in to each month’s Raffle by clicking “Yes!” when prompted and start collecting the Sun Savers codes printed daily in the paper.
Every time you scan or enter a code into Sun Savers, you get a Raffle ticket in the £15k Raffle.
Not yet a Sun Savers member? Just go to sunsavers.co.uk or find “Sun Savers” in the app store to get started.
Fancy a free fiver?
YOU can get FREE cash with super Sun Savers just for buying your favourite paper.
Our brilliant new rewards club will pay back our most loyal readers.
Just pick up the paper each day to collect your Sun Savers codes and we will GIVE YOU £5 when you have collected 28.
This isn’t a one-off and there is no limit to how much cash you can save.
For every 28 codes you enter, we will give you a fiver. So over the course of a year, that could add up to £65.
We are keeping it super-simple. You don’t have to enter codes from consecutive days, so don’t worry if you forget a day or two.
Download our easy Sun Savers app and quickly scan your code using your smartphone. Or go online and enter your code at sunsavers.co.uk.
To get you on your way, join today and we will put a bonus £1 in your Sun Savers wallet tomorrow. And the good news doesn’t stop with free cash.
With Sun Savers, we give you the best hacks, deals and tips to save money every single day.
TO JOIN: Don’t worry, folks — joining takes just 30 seconds, in three steps.
Credit: Source link